On June 8, 2010, OSHA fined the US Postal Service in Pittsburgh, PA. over $300,000 for not following specific safety and hazard guidelines.
Among the many violations, one involved exposing employees to hazardous environments. The US Postal Services failed to have appropriate warnings such as safety signs, symbols or accident prevent tags for its employees who work in the electrical maintenance of the facility. You can read more about the news by going here.
Improve the safety of your employees with compliant signs and labels, and protect yourself from OSHA, visit us at Cobra Systems and find out more about our unique VnM SignMaker System today.
NEW “will call” service for Orange County residents and companies at Cobra Systems where customers can make their pre-printed label orders and pickup right at our warehouse without any hassle of waiting and worrying whether the delivery would be on time or else.
Call us today for more information: toll-free 800-262-7298.
What is 5s?
- Sort: to get work areas cleaned up by sorting through items for what to keep and what to let go.
- Straighten or Set in Order: to organize the areas in order so that tools/materials are located in certain locations that easy and safety to access.
- Sweeping or Shine or Cleanliness: to always clean up the areas as well as tools/materials returned to their own locations.
- Standardize: to come up with standards so that everyone knows his/her responsibility to consistently maintain the first 3s.
- Sustaining the discipline: to establish an official procedures and review often to make sure that every steps are correctly adhered by all.
VnM Label and SignMaker can visually enhance the 5s system with proper label sizes, colors, images and text. Identify locations, tools, bins, aisles, racks, equipments and more with the VnM Label and SignMaker that creates signs quickly and economically, guarantee. Tools are systematically labeled with proper and colorful safety signs, tool labels, bin labels, equipment id, rack & shelf labels, and so on.
With 5s in mind, VnM Label and SignMaker prints instant high quality “ultra adhesive” signs and labels that are OSHA compliant. Organizing an efficient and practical work place can be hard, but with VnM SignMaker labels and signs, you will have the Set in Order step done in no time.
The VnM Label and Sign Maker is your ideal solution for all your labeling needs. The VnM2 can print any label you want from 6 standard templates. The VnM SignMaker is the most mobile industrial labeling solution available. The VnM2 works with the VnM keyboard so no PC connection is needed. Save time and money by printing custom labels on demand at a fraction the cost.